Another class action lawsuit is pending over the misrepresentation of a products ingredients. The Singer v. WWF Operating Company lawsuit claims that Whitewave purposely and deliberately misrepresented its products by tricking customers into thinking that “evaporated cane juice” is real “juice” when it is nothing more than sugar, cleverly disguised. The court that has jurisdiction of the case is the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Miami Division. It should be noted that Whitewave does however list ECJ as an ingredient on its products, as well as on its website and other promotional material. Only time well tell who is right and who is wrong. The lead Plaintiff Brenda Singer in the SingerECJSettlement is a citizen of Florida. The real dagger in the coffin for the WWF Operating Company is the official FDA statement that reads “According to the FDA’s published policy, “evaporated cane juice” is simply a deceptive way of describing sugar, and therefore, it is false and misleading to dress up sugar as a type of “juice.”. In order to be part of the settlement class a claim form must be filed no later than OCTOBER 26, 2013 in order for it to be considered. You must submit your Claim Form online at the class administrators website or print the claim form and mail it to: CPT Group, Inc., 16630 Aston, Irvine, CA 92606.
A list of products associated with the lawsuit are shown below:
- Silk Organic Original Soymilk
- Silk Organic Vanilla Soymilk
- Silk Pure Coconut Original Coconutmilk
- Horizon Blueberry Wave Tuberz
- Horizon Surfin’ Strawberry Tuberz
- Horizon Organic Lowfat Chocolate Milk plus DHA Omega-3
- Horizon Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
- Horizon Strawberry Lemonade Squeeze Tuberz
- Horizon Lowfat Strawberry Milk Box
- Horizon Lowfat Vanilla Milk Box
- Horizon Lowfat Chocolate Milk Box
- Horizon Sour Apple Spray Tuberz
If you or someone you know purchased any of the above mentioned products between the dates of January 1, 2005 to April 19, 2013 you should consider file a claim in the case.