www.accessnebraska.ne.gov – Nebraska DHHS Access


If you’re looking for social services in the state of Nebraska start your search at the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.  Services include:  health, children and family, disabilities, Medicaid and longterm care, public health and veteran homes.  Accessnebraska.ne.gov is available in both English and Spanish and is for the most part is easy to navigate (it could use an upgrade).  Pre-screening information is available along with possible financial assistance for those in need.  Nebraska DHHS programs are found below:

  • AABD(Assistance to the Aged, Blind, or Disabled)
  • ADC(Aid to Dependent Children)
  • Cancer Drug Repository Program
  • Child Care Support(Subsidy)
  • Child Support Enforcement
  • CSFP(Comodity Supplemental Food Program)
  • EBT(Electronic Benefits Transfer)
  • Emergency Cash Assistance
  • Employment First
  • Energy Assistance
  • Every Woman Matters
  • Financial Servcies Administration
  • Food Distribution Program
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) {formerly Food Stamps}
  • Homeless
  • In-home Services(SSBG)
  • Kids Connection(Children’s Health Insurance)
  • Medicaid / Medicare
  • Refugees
  • SSI(Supplemental Security Income)
  • WIC (Women, Infants & Children Program)

A user can also view current benefits, check an application status, view payment/benefit history, upload and submit relevant documents, report changes of the number of people in your household, reapply, and take an online assessment quiz.  Times are tough, unemployment has been at a high level for a very long time and millions of people in the country are out of work…  if you live in the state of Nebraska let DHHS help. 

It is highly recommended that you take the pre screening text to determine if you might be eligible for benefits before you actually apply.  It will help save time and man power.  Pre screening is available for:

    • Help Buying Food – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – formerly known as the Food Stamp Program
    • Cash Assistance – Aid to Dependent Children (ADC)
    • Low or No-Cost Health Care
      • Medicaid (MED)
      • Kid’s Connection (KC)
      • Aid to the Aged, Blind and Disabled (AABD)


  • Help with Heating Expenses – Energy Assistance (EA)
  • Help with Child Care Expenses – Child Care (CC)
  • Help with Services for the Developmentally Disabled (DD)

You can also print an application and fax or mail it in to DHHS but online is the preferred method to apply.